- Why I think Curt Schilling is a Hall of Famer. The stuff within the article doesn’t stray too much from what I have expressed here in the past. But what better time to write another one when Schilling retires. And what better place to post it then a Red Sox platform. Of course, when Schilling is actually eligible for induction in five years, it may an even better time to write it. But that is a long time…
- Great article on why managers shouldn’t speak. Ok, they should speak. But there is a reason there are General Managers, and there are reasons there are projection systems such as PECOTA.
- Rob Neyer got me reading USS Mariner a while back. And Cameron posts an interesting article on what to do with Jeff Clement, a promising young player who cannot catch well-yet. But can swing the stick.
- If you have ESPN Insider, then watch the video, and most of all read the words that are with it. Keith Law is the scout, ESPN the site. And it is in regards to Stephen Strasburg. I guess “SS” could pitch in the majors right now, but it may not be a great idea.
- Both Keith Law and Rob Neyer have linked to this Bonds article. I haven’t actually read it…yet. But will read it shortly.